Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring to class?
- Something to drink.
- A floor mat and a towel are useful – If you don’t have a floor mat then you could always bring an extra towel with you.
- Just wear something comfortable and loose fitting if preferred to actual sportswear. Please ensure your footwear is non slip – preferably trainers.
- Your payment: Credit or debit card payments are preferable , but if you prefer we do take cash or cheques made payable to J Butcher (Please note that card payments unfortunately can’t be taken in the Bury St Edmunds All Saints class on a Monday evening at this time.)
- Your bank details if you would like to sign up to one of the premier club options as they’ll be a standing order form to fill in.
- Your glasses if you wear them as you will be asked to complete a health questionaire!!
What is your refund policy?
Jo’s Fit4all Classes offers a no-questions-asked refund to all customers within 30 days of joining. If you are not satisfied with the classes, then simply send Jo an email and she will refund straight away. Our goal has always been to create a happy and thriving class environment so if you are not thrilled with our level of commitment to you then we have no interest in forcing you to stay an unhappy member.
Can I upgrade to Premier Club after signing up?
Yes, you can upgrade to Premier Club at any time. Simply ask Jo or Georgie (or one of our cashiers) for a monthly membership form in class or Jo can email one to you if you contact her.
Do I have to attend the same class each week?
No, the classes are totally flexible to fit in with you. We are more than happy for you to swap between the different classes that we run each week (there are 10 to choose from.) If you can’t make a week then then is no charge – all we ask please is that you let us know, as that way we know you’re not attending because you’re struggling with your weight loss.
Don’t forget though that if you join a monthly option, that this is a fixed price regardless of how many classes a week you attend – the more you get to the better value it is. It really has been designed to help you with your weight loss and keep you motivated, not just at class, but in between using the private Facebook group and the online service and even if you can only make 1 class a week it still works out the cheapest option.
Will the exercise be suitable for me?
If you’ve never exercised before (or it has been a long time) then please do not worry. We will encourage you to work at your own pace and to listen to your body and do what you can, and you can even exercise on a chair if need be. Whether you work high or low impact the classes will be suitable for you, as we offer alternatives for both as we are fully trained in offering adaptations. If you think you are really unfit then you can build up what you can manage over time – maybe just start with the warm up and gradually do more. If you have concerns about certain medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, you could still come along and do what you can on the weeks where your condition allows, and maybe just weigh in on the weeks where you have a flare up or simply restrict what you do. We will offer you specific advice once we have read the health questionnaire that you will complete at your first class. The same applies if you have a lot of weight to lose – the routines are planned to suit members of all shapes and sizes, young and old, male or female and everyone is there with the same goal in mind: To slim down, get fitter and healthier or stay healthy, fit and slim if they’ve already met their goal weight so you wont be judged: You’ll just be supported by fellow class members who remember that they too were once the new class member!
Why should I choose your classes over others?
- “Well the one thing that our members consistently tell us is that they can see both Georgie and I care about them and their results. We get so much pleasure from helping people get fitter, healthier and slimmer each week and seeing them improve physically and that will include you too.”
- “We’re not into faddy “diets” and we truly believe that the way to lose weight and keep it off is by adapting to a long term change of attitude towards food and a more active lifestyle. Our classes can help educate you on what you need to eat for good health and how to manage your weight.”
- “Our class members pack includes 2 booklets. A guide with advice on healthy eating guidelines and calorie information and a “Useful information & menu suggestion” booklet plus there’s a card containing information on portion control. Since Jo’s Fit4all Classes started we have had hundreds of members successfully lose weight using this new members pack.”
- “We don’t have a one fits all “diet” approach: Instead we prefer to tailor the nutritional advice we offer to help you as an Individual, as each one of us are different. Whether you choose to eat lower calorie, low fat, 5:2 or eat clean we can support you to do any of these: If you already have a plan that works for you then you are more than welcome to continue following your plan and for just the 1 weekly fee you can also get weighed and exercise in 1 class.”
- “We do not tell you how much weight you should lose. We set targets together with what you want to achieve in mind and we take it from there. A target set can always be altered and if you prefer not to have a target then that is fine with us too.”
What do the classes include?
- A weigh in, nutritional advice AND exercise for 45 minutes.
- Flexibility: You have the choice to weigh & exercise or just do one or the other.
- Heaps of verbal advice, encouragement & support to help you succeed.
- A friendly and fun atmosphere plus we have a social events with London theatre/shopping trips, charity barn dances & bingo evenings, trips to TV shows, a wonderful annual health spa weekend to Ragdale Hall & a Christmas party to name some of the things we do together (optionally!) as a group.
- No charges for membership, rejoins, arrears or for missed classes.
- Extra support in between classes as we has a FREE private Facebook page where we will motivate you and keep you up to date with class news or if you don’t use Facebook Jo is always happy to be contacted.
- A motivational monthly newsletter full of inspiration.
- You have access to a selection of folders with lots of helpful information and recipes including vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free and low sugar.
- The option to buy The “Healthy Food Guide” magazine and other useful products including the ‘INSPIRATION’ Recipe Kits at discounted prices.
- Each class includes a short motivational or informative talk.
Do your classes run all year?
Jo’s Fit4all Classes close for 4 weeks a year plus bank holiday Monday’s:
In 2018 the classes are closing –
- Week commencing 28th May
- Week commencing 10th September
- And 2 weeks over Christmas – the last classes will be on Tuesday 18th December & reopen on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Georgie’s classes may well have different closing times, or there may be the occasional venue change, so it’s always worth checking out the live calendar on the ‘Contact Jo’ page.
The Paracise class at Stowupland Village Hall on Thursdays closes for 5 weeks a year:
So in 2018 the Paracise class will be closing –
- Thursday 31st May
- Thursday 13th September
- Thursday 4th October
- Thursday 20th December
- Thursday 27th December & it’ll reopen on Thursday 3rd January 2019.
Do you have restrictions on ages in your classes?
Children from aged 14 are allowed to exercise in our classes. We charge £2.50 for a junior during term time or just £1 during school holidays. There is no upper age restriction for adults as long as after completing a health questionnaire we are happy for them to take part. If you have any health concerns prior to joining please feel free to contact Jo for advice.